Here's Iron Doggy's take on the top nine items everyone who runs with their dog would love to find under the tree this holiday.
- Boulder Dog Food Co. Bison Cubes & Chicken Bits- $10 -We carry a baggy of high-powered treats with us on a run to give our dog a little pick-me-up, and to use as a reward/distraction when we need her to focus. The folks who make these treats use great ingredients and Zola loves them.
- Large Kong Classic- $12 - These things are life savers, we keep a half-dozen or so in our freezer at all times. Our dog makes a ritual out of eating them in the evening, especially when it's stuffed withZola's favorite Kong recipe.
- Musher's Secret - $12 - You've heard it from usbefore. Running in the ice and snow is a complete drag when your dog is wearing those funky boots. Apply a little Musher's Secret to your doggy's paws, and you're good to go.
- SpiBelt Solo Pocket - $14 - We each have one of these attached to our Iron Doggy Belts just so we never run out of poop bags. As we haveshown, it is possible to stuff this little thing with all sorts of junk but we try to keep it light when we were going for a run.
- Runner's Cap - $15 - We think this is the perfect winter running hat because it is extremely lightweight, and easily tucks away in your pocket when you don't need it. It also has a really cool picture of a dog embroidered on the front.
- Gentle Leader Head Collar - $20 - Yes our dog hates it but sometimes it's the only thing that slows her down. We always bring it on a run, just in case. As an added challenge, see if you cancondition your dog to love it.
- Vintage Track Shirt - $25 -Beautifully designed and silk screened by hand, you've got totry ityourself to believe how amazingly great this shirt feels when you slip it on after a long run (we think it might be the rayon butthat's just a wild guess).
- Iron Doggy Hands-Free Dog Leashes - $43 - $48 - What kind of list would this be if we didn't mention theRunner's Choice andSideKick Hands-Free Dog Leashes? We love them both, not just because they are the most cleverly designed, best built running leashes on the market, but also because they make running with our dog the highlight of our day.
- Whistle Activity Monitor - $99 - This is the original monitor put out by Whistle and we really love it. Slip it on your dog's collar and it keeps track of the amount and intensity of your dog's activity, which you can monitor and brag about from on app on your iPhone. Check out the activity on the day we did a 2 hour 15 minute run with our dog. She's an animal.